So at first I didn't know if I was going to be able to post twice today. I felt like this morning's post was short and sweet so I wanted to add a little something else. I sat all afternoon pondering what to write abotu because nothing exciting had happedned during the day, although I'm pretty sure this new job will provide more opportunity to meet men then the hotel did thats for sure.
Then the end of the school day came around and there is was...topic for a blog. Precursor to the story...there is a massive snow storm heading our way. Ok now story...I go to pick up Bailey from my Grandparents, only to find out that my grandma (who is kind of like the mafia grandma who controls even the big bad men in the family) had been told that I was wanted at my parent's house for the evening (and by evening I mean that my mom wanted to kidnap me and Bailey in the house so that we would be snowed in with her, not home alonE). Needless to say the power of the mafia grandma came over me and I headed home to pack...without the child of course because lord forbid I bring her home to pack with me.
See to normal people this might sound like a nice gesture, my mom inviting me to her house for the snow storm....but there is a catch. My mom gets frustrated by the fact that she doesn't know every little aspect of my life so she uses opportunities like this to snoop and ask questions. Not only that but if I call her out on it she pulls the whole "well I'm sorry that I'm interested in the life of the child who I helped raised and am helping out financially til she gets back on her feet" guilt trip crap. See this is why I'm so independent, because at a young age I learned that if I owed my mom something she would milk the "debit" for all its worth.
When I had moved out I didn't have this much of a problem because Erik and I were almost completely financially independent on our own. Also I wasn't alone which was the reason she didn't call 24/7 or ask me to come over every night of the week. Another problem with this being over here is she acts like Bailey's mom, only an over protective Bailey's mom. I can't sit down for 2 seconds because she is constantly worrying about what she is doing or what she is into.
So reason number one that I DON'T like being a single mom...the dependence on my mom! So hopefully this Chris thing goes well (which it still has so far today) and I won't be kept in this prison!
No comments:
Post a Comment