Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh Sunday...UPDATE

Alright so as you know I caved and went to the ex's with the kid, even though it was technically her nap time and my study time. When I got there he was cleaning and the kids started playing Wii and were actually getting along really really well which was nice. I noticed he had gone to walmart and bought the kids sippy cups. He also mentioned buying bailey a seat for his car. I find this sweet and interesting. See we are like a divorced couple but not which makes things like our involvement with each other's kids an interesting topic. See neither one of us are a parent to the other's kid technically but both kids grew up seeing the other as their parent. Neither of us has a legal right to get time alone with the kids either. So in this aspect its up to us to decide who gets to see them. For now we just agree to bring them together to play, usually at his house. This gesture of buying her a seat today was something special for me. Because he isn't legally Bailey's father it means he could just choose to never see her again, but acts like these show me that I don't think he ever wants her out of his life, which is sweet.

Anyways he was a doll to both Bailey and me. He cuddled with her, played with her, got her drinks and a snack, he also helped me with my taxes without me asking and even hugged me. I did keep my distance though! He sat on the opposite side of the couch until like the last five minutes when he cuddled up next to me. His mom also came over for a bit and was weirdly nice. She played with Bailey, brushed her hair, and didn't make any comment about me being there. She is bipolar though, one of the many fights my ex and I always had! Well anyways it was positive...and he said he wanted to go out to Texas Roadhouse with me next weekend, just as a friend date, which kinda made me smile.

Next on my list to tell you before I quit jabbering for the day. I have a date. A real date. With a guy I really like. Problem: He's Bailey's Dad's ex Best Friend...Positive: He feels the same way about Bailey's dad that I do. He is super sweet and has goals and reaches them. He has a college degree, makes bank, and is ready to settle down. He isn't my average type though, not rough around the edges farmer boy type. But like I've said before maybe that was my problem in the first place. Maybe I need to stretch away from my "average type". So anyways that is Wednesday and we shall see how that goes.

Well off to study for my big Med-Surg test tomorrow!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment